Face masks in many countries are disposable. In the United States disposable face masks are almost unheard of except for hospitals and professional athletic departments. These masks have sticky residue attached that is designed to be removed after laundering or regular usage. There are many options for disposable face masks. Here are some tips to help choose the best one.
– Plastic. Because they can be washed multiple times, disposable plastic masks are extremely convenient. They come in various different colors and designs and some even have removable mouthpieces. Many disposable masks have mesh linings or reusable covers that make it easy to clean. They often have tight elastic handles that can be worn over your ears, or around your head to keep moisture out.
Mesh. Mesh is another popular type of disposable mask as it is very easy to take apart and reassemble. Mesh is typically made up of three-ply polypropylene which makes it sturdy and durable. Three-ply polypropylene has a reputation for being flexible and won’t crack easily. The three-ply polypropylene is usually anodized, so it has a smooth surface for comfortable application.
– Blue Surgical Masks. A popular type of blue surgical masks is the blue mask with a mesh liner. This type is great for workers that are exposed to a lot of dust and have to wear a breathing mask outside of the workplace. This mask is great to use for frontline workers as well as those who work outside. The particles usually contain mildew and bacteria, which can irritate the respiratory system. These types of particles are safe for the lungs.
Breathable masks for the face The breathable mask is the next type. These are perfect for frontline workers. They prevent any particles from getting into the mouth, which can cause immediate damage to your gums and teeth. This is a good choice for those who are often exposed to smokers or suffer from bad breath.
– Figured Polypropylene FPP Face Mask. The FPP face mask with three layers is last. This mask is also called the surgical facemask. It is often made of multiple layers and available in a wide range of colors. Comparable to mesh, 3-ply FPP offers a stronger construction with fewer gaps between different layers.
– Durable and Inexpensive Face Coverings. Other than disposable surgical masks there are other durable and economical face coverings that can be purchased today. One example of such products is the polyester fiber face coverings. This product is made of tightly woven polyester fibers that are coated one side with an aluminum foil. This type of product usually has a waffle texture but can be shaped into different shapes.
Non-medical disposable facial covers are still available for patients who want to have a facelift. Because it is extremely protective and does not pose any risks to your health, you might consider polystyrene sheets. Talk to your local plastic surgeon for further information.
– Excellent Protection Against Ear Infections. Ear infections can affect anyone, but are most common in childhood. It is possible to prevent dirt and dust entering your ears by using disposable face masks like the Polystyrene Sheeting. The 3-layer ear plug used in surgical masks can also prevent dirt and dust from entering your ears by trapping them in the liner of the mask. If you are prone to developing ear infections, you may want to look into the use of disposable nose plugs.
– Efficient Pandemic Preparation. A high quality face mask can help prevent contamination of your eyes or mouth while performing tasks like eating, drink, and speaking with other people. The mask can be washed and disinfected easily so that you do not have to worry. Disposable n95 masks are preferred to full-body-sized polycarbonate medical masks. Because it’s easier to clean and disinfect with a smaller and less visible nose pad, It is much easier to wash and disinfect the smaller pandemic preparation masks than the larger masks that take up space and must be disposed off properly.
These are just three of the advantages of using a disposable mask. Dr. Pham conducted a study to compare disposable masks with full-body-sized surgical and medical masks. He found that the particles of bacteria and allergens removed by the disposable mask was more than two times less than the particles removed by the larger mask. This is why almost all doctors recommend that their patients use disposable masks whenever possible.